JWGEA IN BRIEF
The Joint Workshop for Global Engineers in Asia (JWGEA) 2017 is a joint effort between Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember (ITS) from Indonesia, King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi (KMUTT) from Thailand, Ritsumeikan University from Japan and Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM), to further strengthen their collaborations in the niche areas of engineering and technology.
This year ITS will be the host for the 4th Joint workshop for Global Engineers in Asia 2017 and it will be held on 23 until 28 July 2017 at the Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember, Indonesia.
UTM International invites ten (10) students and five (5) lecturers from the fields of engineering and technology studies to represent UTM as oral presenters during the workshop.
AIMS OF PROGRAM
- Promote networking and research exchange among 4 universities’ faculties, researchers and students
- Support the development of communication, leadership, and cross-cultural skills through joint implementation of students from a variety of linguistic, cultural, and research backgrounds
- Improve understanding and recognition of Indonesian culture and English ability of the students
DATE AND VENUE
Arrival Date: 23 July 2017
Event Date: 24 – 27 July 2017
Venue: ITS Campus Sukolilo, Surabaya, Indonesia
ACCOMMODATION AND MEAL
- ITS will provide free accommodation for all students (twin share room with air conditioner and share bathroom). Meanwhile, ITS will only provide accommodation information for professors.
- ITS will provide breakfast for all students and scheduled meals.
UTM will sponsor an allowance of RM 500 only to selected students under IIP (terms and conditions apply).
Interested applicants must fill in the application form and required documents below:
Submit the application form and abstract template to UTM International before the deadline.
The application deadline is 10 May 2017.
NEED MORE ASSISTANCE?
Set your appointment and meet us to get more information:
Every Monday: 10.00 am – 11.00 am
Every Tuesday: 2.30 pm – 3.30 pm
Block S19, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
81310 UTM Johor Bahru, Johor