GUIDELINES ON APPLICATION FOR UTM – HARVARD GLOBAL OUTREACH PROGRAMME
UTM – Harvard Global Outreach Programme is an initiative to encourage the mobility of UTM students and to provide the opportunity for UTM students to experience the extraordinary environment of Harvard College academics, resources, and residential life. As a visiting student at Harvard you will join a vibrant community of motivated students and distinguished faculty as you satisfy your intellectual curiosity, earn academic credit, and explore the many facets of Harvard University and the Boston-Cambridge area.
There are 5 available scholarships for the 2013 financial year. Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of academic and personal qualifications and financial need.
UTM will be covering summer programs’ fee while students & their sponsor to pay for Board and Meals.
Nurul Farah Zulkifly,
GOP-Harvard 2010 participant
(3rd from right)
“ I believe that among the wonderful experiences gained in Harvard, part of them would be the teaching and learning process itself, which is indeed different from the ones obtained previously in Malaysia. The essence lies in classes full with lively discussions where students can actively participate, be it in giving opinions and criticism, or even asking questions for understanding. ..”
Melissa Yap Hsiao Theng,
GOP-Harvard 2010 participant
(1st from right)
“… the summer school program is a fantastic and wonderful experience. It was a productive and fruitful seven weeks program that consists of not only experience with different learning styles, but also an experience of making friends with different people from all over the world, gathering together, studying hard during the weekdays and planning hard for fun weekends out together…”
MORE THAN A CLASSROOM EXPERIENCE
- At Harvard Summer School, learning opportunities come in many forms, from thought-provoking interactions with world-class scholars to illuminating conversations with fellow students from around the world.
- English language programs
– Learn English for success in academics, your career, and all aspects of your life.
– Daytime intensive programs (full time).
– Institute for English Language Programs.
- General courses in 60 subjects
– For students proficient in English, nearly 300 courses in a variety of subjects are available.
- Students are required to take minimum 8 credits for the UTM GOP – Harvard Summer School Program to be eligible for US F-1 Visa
HARVARD SUMMER SCHOOL 2013
Duration : 22nd June – 2nd August 2013
Harvard Summer School offers more than 300 courses in a variety of subjects:
- Anthropology and Archaeology
- Applied Mathematics
- Biological Sciences
- Business Studies (see Courses in Classics
- Computer Science
- Creative Writing
- Distance Education
- Dramatic Arts
- East Asian Languages and Civilizations
- Engineering Sciences
- History of Art and Architecture
- History of Science
- Courses in Management
- Mathematics Review
- Medical Sciences
- Museum Studies
- Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations
- Women, Gender, and Sexuality
- Study Abroad Programs
- Summer Seminars
- Visual and Environmental Studies
- Women’s Studies (see Studies of Women, Gender, and Sexuality)
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be Malaysian citizen;
- Be classified as UTM postgraduate or undergraduate students, have a grade point average of 3.5 or higher and have completed at least one academic year by the end of semester 1, 2012/2013;
- Have good command of the English Language;
- Having designated minimum score on the TOEFL or IELTS
– A minimum score of 250 on the computer-based TOEFL
– A minimum score of 100 on the Internet-based TOEFL
– A minimum score of 600 on the paper-based TOEFL
– A minimum score of 7.0 for IELTS
- Be physically present in UTM at the time of application; and
- Have strong interest and be able to demonstrate how UTM – Harvard Global Outreach Program will add value to your UTM degree
- Complete application form
- Attach your academic transcript and resume
- Write 300 – 400 words essay based on the topic given in application form.
- Applications can be forwarded to email@example.com
For students with TOEFL/ IELTS score, please submit the result together with application form.
For those without TOEFL/ IELTS, please submit your TOEFL / IELTS score before 1st April, 2013 to be eligible for selection process.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR UTM GOP-HARVARD SUMMER SCHOOL PROGRAM
- Application opens : Friday, 1st February 2013
- Application closes : Friday, 15th March 2013
- Deadline to submit TOEFL/ IELTS score : Tuesday, 9th April 2013
– Students can get IELTS registration forms at Faculty of Management and Human Resource Development (FPPSM) general office counter, 2nd floor, D05
- Selection process begins : Monday, 18th March 2013
In the evaluation of the applicants, the following criteria will be applied:
- Fulfill the eligibility requirements.
- A high level of academic of academic achievement.
- Good in communication and confidence.
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by UTM GOP – Harvard Summer School Program selection panels.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have demonstrated that experience gained with Harvard University will add value to their academic qualification.
For further information, please contact:
Mdm. Siti Rahimah Mohd Yusop
Tel : 07-553 8006
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Office of International Affairs
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia,
81310 UTM Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
APPLICATION FORM FOR UTM GOP – HARVARD 2013
For more details , kindly go to http://www.summer.harvard.edu/