Helsinki Metropolia UAS Business School
We look forward to welcoming your students to Helsinki Metropolia University of Applied Sciences, Business School. The application period for incoming exchange students for spring 2014 is 15th of September – 1st of November.
More information at: http://www.metropolia.fi/exchange
The application process:
– Nominate the students you have chosen for an exchange period in Metropolia Business School by November 1st, 2013 for students applying for the spring semester.
– Send the names and e-mail addresses of the nominated students via e-mail to Metropolia Business School International Coordinator Terhi Topi, firstname.lastname@example.org
– Ask the students to apply through the Mobility-online system. Please forward the information in this e-mail and the attached instructions to the nominated students.
– NB! Our online application system is open 15th of September – 1st of November. The system will close after the deadline and we are not able to receive applications beyond this date. If your own selection process ends after our application deadline, please ask all students indicating Metropolia Business School as their choice, to submit an application to us by November 1st.
2. Student applies through the Mobility-Online system
– The link to our online application form can be found at http://www.metropolia.fi/exchange. The online application will be active from September 15th – November 1st.
– Instructions to the on-line system can be found at http://www.metropolia.fi/en/exchange-programmes/electronic-application-system/
– There are three compulsory steps:
1) Completing the online application form,
2) Registration to the electronic application system, and
3) Uploading attachments: the personal address data, a passport photo, a Transcript of records, and page 1 of the Learning Agreement with signatures from the home institution.
3. Remind your student to send a separate application for the student housing foundation
– We would ask you to have your students apply for housing early. Since there is a high demand for student housing in the Helsinki region, we unfortunately cannot guarantee a room for all our incoming at the HOAS student houses. Housing offers are sent as per first come first serve basis. For an overview of the available housing options, please have the student visit our Study Guide at http://opinto-opas.metropolia.fi/en/general-information-for-students/accommodation/for-exchange-students/
– The application period for HOAS exchange student housing is:
1 October – 3 November 2013 for students applying for the spring semester 2014.
4. Confirmation and further information
– Students will receive an automatic confirmation after submitting the online application successfully. Within a month after the application period has ended, accepted students will receive an invitation/ acceptance letter.
5. Academic calendar and studies
– . Please find attached the Business School info sheet with further information on applying, academic calendar, orientation days and studies.
6. General information for incoming exchange students
– Please find attached the general Metropolia info sheet with information on the most important services for incoming exchange students, such as accommodation, pick-up service, tutoring, free-time activities etc. More detailed information is provided in our Study Guide: http://opinto-opas.metropolia.fi/en/
Visit UTM Students Exchange program at https://international.utm.my/study-abroad/
Five Bachelor’s Degree Programmes:
Sustainable Building Engineering
Two International Semesters and Modules
Industrial Management (specialisation: Global ICT)
Technology Business Module
Two Master-level Engineering Programmes
Industrial Management Master´s Programme
(autumn semester courses) – student must select 4-6 courses from the course list – individual courses cannot be selected.
Business Informatics Master’s Programme (Engineering)
*Special projects and/or Final Year Projects (Bachelor’s Thesis). -subject to availability-
Accommodation,pick-up service, and tutoring are available for incoming exchange students
UTM Budget : Yes (subject to terms and conditions)