Taught During: Session 1 and 2.
Session 1: 23 May 2021 – 05 June 2021.
Session 2: 11 – 24 July 2021.
Coordinator: Sr. Dr. Othman Bin Zainon.
- Explore Universiti Teknologi Malaysia Observatory and other observatories in Malaysia.
- Experience with the telescope for stargazing and solar observation.
- Explore the procedure of the marking the Qibla direction using the conventional and modern method.
- Expose participants to the theories and practice of Islamic Astronomy.
- Promotes scientific research in Islamic Astronomy from the Geomatic Instrument.
- Lectures/classroom activities.
- Group activities with local students.
- Cultural activities.
- Outdoor activities (e.g. stargazing, solar observation, star map, instrumentation practical).
Learning Scope: This program is design for the participants to have an awesome experience in solar observation, handling a telescope, handling Geomatic Instruments, stargazing and qibla marking at nearest residency.
Duration: Two (2) weeks.
Language Proficiency: English.
Fees: USD1500 per session includes cost materials, airport pick up, accommodation, transportation, excursion and meals during the program.
*Price subject to changes.
Credit Transfer: Not applicable.
Session 1: 2 May 2021.
Session 2: 1 July 2021.
Who can apply? – International participants (maximum 35 participants).